The Village of Libertyville’s Code Compliance Inspector is responsible for enforcing the Village’s Property Maintenance Codes. Contact the inspector at (847) 918-2017 or (847) 918-2020, or via an on-line request form
You can be a Good Neighbor by observing the following simple rules.
- Keep the lawn mowed.
- Maintain the property, keeping it clean of debris and in a sanitary manner.
- Park only on approved surfaces, not the lawn.
- Use trash containers with tight fitting lids and place trash containers behind the building line, not in view of a public street.
- Put out trash after 6:00 p.m the evening before pickup and remove containers soon after pickup.
- Remove doors on refrigerators and similar equipment before discarding.
- Keep noise down - be considerate of the neighbors.
- Do not place garage sale signs in the public-right-of-way nor on utility poles.
- Trim tree branches and shrubbery so as to not obstruct pedestrian or vehicle traffic.
- Do not push or move snow, leaves, landscape or other waste from any private property onto the public right-of-way.
- Clean up after your dog ... and do not let them run loose!
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in keeping Libertyville
a safe place to work and live.