While the Libertyville Fire Department no longer accepts old fire extinguishers for disposal due to space constraints, please call the following businesses in the area that may accept them for disposal. These businesses are in alphabetical order, and may charge a fee:
- AVERUS Fire Services / 3851 Clearview Ct, Gurnee / 800-393-8287
- Dependable Fire Equipment / 100 Le Baron St, Waukegan / 847-662-8400
- Henrichsen's Fire Equipment Co. / 563 N Wolf Rd, Wheeling / 847-459-7877
- Solid Waste Agency of Lake County (SWALCO) / 1311 Estes St, Gurnee / 847-336-9340
- United States Alliance Fire Protection / 28427 N Ballard Dr Unit H. Lake Forest / 847-816-0050
Please note that, if Lakes Disposal Services, Inc. is your waste collection vendor, simply place your fire extinguisher aside your dumpster prior to waste collection day. The fire extinguisher must be dead with no pressure, or else it will not be accepted.