Church Street Garage Updates
The Church Street Garage opened on January 20th in an effort to bring over 300 parking spaces to use while the Village's contractor, Walsh Construction, completed final construction details. Additional items are now complete:
- Elevators are operational effective today.
- Lower level stairwell is now accessible.
- Temporary handicap parking signage on the ground level has been removed now that users of handicap spaces on upper levels can access elevators.
- Four-hour, customer only parking space limitations have now been posted on ground and upper floors. Employee parking is on the lower level.
- Please be advised that the warning ticket time frame has expired and tickets will be issued for employees parking in customer spaces and not displaying employee hang-tags. Additional information below.
- Signs indicating prohibition of skateboarding/rollerblading in the deck have been posted, if you see this unsafe behavior, please contact the Police Department.
- The suggested garage entrance routes are from Church St and Brainerd Ave.
Additional weather-dependent improvements are forthcoming, including completion of the widening of the Maple Avenue access to allow two-way traffic, landscaping, etc.
Parking Guide: www.Libertyville.com/Parking
Thank You! Your patience during construction has been appreciated. We are grateful for the hard work of all those who have made the new garage a reality
Customers First: The Village's Customer First parking policy is designed to protect and ensure the success of our downtown businesses. Businesses are asked to please help educate employees where they can park. Employee parking areas are identified in the Parking Guide. Parking in lesser utilized areas is encouraged, including:
- the eastern portion of the Newberry Ave lot,
- the lowest level of the Lake and Church Street Parking Structures (employees only during day, available to customers after 5pm), and
- the downtown Metra lot which becomes available for free to employees/customers after 5pm and on weekends (only paying commuters during day).
If an employer/landlord does not provide private parking for employees, employees of the downtown must park in designated employee parking areas with a employee hangtag displayed. Hangtags can be purchased at the Libertyville Police Department, 200 E Cook Ave (847-362-8310).