Libertyville Village Logo

In This Week's Edition:

Rockland Road Construction Resumes
Pavement Assessment Report 
Early Voting
2020 Census
We are Hiring
Community pARTners   

rock

Rockland Road Construction Resumes

Construction on Rockland Road between Milwaukee Ave. (IL Route 21) to St. Mary’s Road will resume on February 3, 2020. The project does not include the section of the bridge over the Des Plaines River. It is anticipated that the replacement of the bridge will occur no sooner than 2022. The segment of Rockland Road between Milwaukee Avenue to the bridge is under the Village’s jurisdiction.  The segment between the bridge and St. Mary’s Road is under the jurisdiction of the Libertyville Township Highway Department.  The Village’s segment (Milwaukee Avenue to the bridge) includes new storm sewers, water main replacements, sanitary sewer relocations and private utility work. It is anticipated that the roadway pavement reconstruction work for both segments will be completed in 2020. To learn more about the project click here

pave

Pavement Assessment Report

In 2012, voters approved a referendum to issue bonds to fund road repairs for roads that required immediate attention which covered approximately 30% of the Village’s total lane miles. Due to advantageous competitive bid pricing the Village was able to complete approximately 40% of the Village’s total lane miles. The Village recently updated the road assessment survey to prioritize repairs to the remaining 60% of roads. If approved by voters, Non-Home Rule Sales Tax revenues will be utilized to fund repairs to the roads. The report was recently approved by the Village Board at the January 28, 2020 Village Board meeting. To view the assessment and learn more about which sections are planned (depending upon available funds and other uncontrollable variables) over the next fifteen to twenty years click here

vote

Early Voting

Early Voting begins February 6th and will continue through February 28th at the Lake County Clerk’s Office Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional early voting sites with regular hours begin on March 2nd through March 14th. Locations may be found here. Every vote counts! To learn more about regular polling locations visit the Village’s community portal here.   

.

census

2020 Census

The 2020 Census is a count of every person living in the 50 states, District of Columbia, and five U.S. territories. The count is mandated by the U.S. Constitution and conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau, a nonpartisan government agency. The 2020 Census will count every person living in the United States regardless of their country of origin or immigration status. Every person residing in your household on April 1, 2020 should be counted. This includes children, newborn babies, grandparents, friends, non-relatives, and anyone else living in your home. Learn more about the census here

hiring

We are Hiring

The Village is currently hiring for several seasonal positions within the Public Works Department and the Recreation Department. To view job openings in the Public Works Department click here. To view job openings in the Recreation Department click here

com part

Community pARTners

The David Adler Music and Arts Center and the Libertyville Arts Commission are excited to introduce a new annual initiative, Community pARTners. Community pARTners will direct attention to the value of the Arts and their contribution to the health and happiness of our community.
Through Community pARTners we will increase community, business and governmental support for art education and achieve these community-building objectives:

  • Encourage commitment to the Arts by students, community organizations, and individuals.
  • Increase community understanding and interest in art and art education through involvement in art exhibits, workshops, and other creative endeavors.
  • Direct attention to the value of Arts education, recognizing art education as a viable component in the total education curricula that develops citizens of a global society.

Over the course of the year, Community pARTners will plan and promote a variety of arts-related activities throughout the community. To learn more or to become a sponsor click here

Upcoming Village Meetings (all meetings at Village Hall unless noted)

February 4, 2020-Parks and Recreation Committee- 6:00 p.m.
February 10, 2020-Zoning Board of Appeals- 7:00 p.m. 
February 11, 2020-Water and Sewer Committee- 7:00 p.m.
February 11, 2020-Village Board of Trustees- 8:00 p.m.


Powered by
CivicSend - A product of CivicPlus