Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville has been named to the prestigious list of the 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. Advocate Condell also received the Truven Everest Award that distinguishes hospitals that have achieved both the highest current performance and the fastest long-term improvement over a five-year period. The Michigan-based organization announced the rankings today.
"We are proud that Advocate Condell has received these awards two years running,” said Dominica Tallarico, president of Advocate Condell Medical Center. “This recognition is a reflection of the commitment of our physicians and associates to excellence in safety, quality, and service.” Advocate Condell was selected from 3,000 hospitals surveyed across the nation. Four additional Advocate Health Care hospitals also received the 100 Top Hospital Award.
According to Truven researchers, if all U.S. hospitals performed at the level of this year's winners, the result would be:
• 126,471 additional lives could be saved
• 108,926 additional patients could be complication-free
• $1.8 billion in inpatient costs could be saved
• The average patient stay would decrease by half a day
• Episode-of-illness expense would be 2 percent lower than the peer average