Thank you for your patience during IDOT’s Milwaukee Avenue/Peterson Rd construction. We understand the project is creating certain hardships for your business. In response to interest expressed by businesses in the affected area to better identify their businesses by passing traffic, the Mayor and Village Board have recently adopted a temporary sign policy. Subject to the approval of the owner of a property, the Village will permit one (1), 24 square foot (as measured on one side of the sign) banner per ground floor business tenant along Milwaukee Avenue north from Winchester Road to the Village limits, and along Route 137 from Butterfield Road east to the Village limits, subject to the following conditions:
· No permits or fees required.
· Signs can be installed for the duration of construction with removal required when all lanes are open at the intersection of Milwaukee Avenue and Route 137.
· No sign be allowed within 25 feet of a driveway.
· Signs to be located entirely on private property.
· A wall banner may be substituted for ground banner.
· Banners must be maintained in compliance with the Zoning Code.
· No inflatable signs, balloons, pennants, or V-shaped signs allowed.
We hope this policy further assists the promotion of your business. Should you have further suggestions, questions or concerns please feel free to reach me at (847) 918-2028 or the Engineering Division at (847) 918-2100. Be sure to refer to www.Libertyville.com/IDOTProject for project updates or sign-up for automatic email Construction Updates by selecting the red Notify Me button on the left side of the screen. The Village also has a stock of Shop Libertyville for the Holiday posters available, should desire copies for your business, they are available at the address below. Best wishes for a very joyous and successful holiday season from the Village of Libertyville.