Following the passage of a voter Referendum, the Village of Libertyville contracted to procure electric supply in bulk for residents and small business owners. The average participating Libertyville resident enjoyed savings on their ComEd bills for many years.
The Village is continuing our program with a new supplier, Chicago-based MC Squared Energy Services. Ratepayers will be charged the exact same rate as ComEd and will enjoy the added benefit of 100% Green Energy via Midwest- Wind generation facilities as represented by Renewable Energy Certificates (“RECs”) at zero added cost to ratepayers and the Village.
To learn how Renewable / Green Energy and RECs work, view this video clip prepared by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Through this program the Village will be designated an EPA Green Power Community.
Notices will be mailed to residents and small businesses on June 8. Some accounts will move back to ComEd, others will move to MC Squared, but the net effect for all is identical: all pay the same rate!
1. If your notice says, “Informative-Only Notice,” your account will remain at ComEd; there is nothing to do.
2. If your notice says, “Green Aggregation Notice,” You need do nothing and you will be switched to MC Squared. You will not pay more than ComEd rate. You have the choice not to support the program, and opt out. If you do nothing you will be enrolled with MC Squared.
3. If your notice says “ComEd Drop Notice” you are currently enrolled with the Village’s previous aggregation supplier Dynegy Energy, and will be moved back to ComEd. You need do nothing; are still considered part of the program. Some accounts are simply moved to ComEd but the net effect for all is the same.
4. If your notice says, “Opt-In Notice,” your account will remain at your current privately-chosen supplier, but you may choose to opt in. Per Illinois law, you cannot be charged a fee to leave your contract.
Residents receiving one of the first three notices will be considered a member of the Libertyville Renewable Aggregation program, and their energy usage will be offset by Green Energy.
• Guaranteed at the ComEd rate, with no rate risk of paying more than ComEd
• No hidden fees, no termination fee, flexibility to join or leave the program
• The Village earns designation as a US EPA Green Power Community, at zero cost to you
• Residents’ power consumption is offset by Green Energy generated from renewable generation sources located in the Midwest, for zero cost
• The Village’s Carbon footprint will be significantly reduced
No one from MC Squared, ComEd, or the Village will ever visit your home or call you to enroll. If a solicitor claims to be the Village supplier, MC Squared, or ComEd, take their information and report the incident to the ICC at www.icc.illinois.gov/complaints. Never reveal your ComEd account number or allow a solicitor to view your ComEd bill unless you are certain you wish to enroll with that supplier and have read all terms and conditions. Questions: Email sdurling@NIMEC.net or call 800-727-3820.