Flood Related Improvement Program (FRIP)
On September 26, 2017, the Village Board approved Resolution 17-R-177, a reimbursement program for flood related improvements to encourage property owners to undertake sanitary sewer overhead conversions and backflow preventer valves. These improvements benefit the overall sanitary sewer system. The program allows up to 50% reimbursement, in an amount not to exceed $5,000 per household, if all program requirements are met. Highlights of the program are listed below and additional information and the application are available by following the highlighted links.
- Limited to conversion of a sanitary sewer gravity system to a sanitary sewer overhead plumbing system or a backflow preventer valve installed on the sanitary service outside the structure.
- Applicant must be Owner of property.
- Required inflow repairs must be made in order to receive reimbursement.
- Must allow inspection prior to reimbursement to verify compliance with the program.
The following documents are required for submittal:
- Completed FRIP Cost Reimbursement Program Application.
- Three (3) contractor bids (if work is done after September 30, 2017) from licensed contractors. These bids should include an itemization of the work to be completed and the total cost of service. The Village's reimbursement will be allocated on the lowest responsible bid received.
- Signed and dated FRIP Requirements document agreeing to terms of program.
- All required permits (if work has already been complete).
Applications will be accepted between September 30, 2017 and October 30, 2017 at the Schertz Building (north entrance), 200 East Cook Avenue, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday or by email to PHastings@Libertyville.com.
The following documents provide background information regarding the Program. Please click on the links below to view the documents.
The following documents must be submitted as part of the application.
Please contact Patrick Hastings at 847-918-2100 with questions about the program or for assistance in completing the application. Applications will be accepted at the Schertz Building (north entrance), 200 East Cook Avenue, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday or by email to PHastings@Libertyville.com.