Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Personnel are responsible for operating, inspecting, maintaining, and repairing the Village Wastewater Treatment Plant that has a 4.0 million gallon per day design capacity.
- Ensures compliance with EPA, NPDES, and Sludge Disposal permit requirements.
- Providing treatment that produces high-quality effluent prior to its discharge into the Des Plaines River.
- Responsible for maintaining and operating 16 lift stations along with Charles Brown Park Stormwater Retention Basin pumping facility.
- The division recommends improvements and equipment replacements, performs lab testing to monitor plant effectiveness, and maintain accurate records.
- The division assists the Streets & Utilities division with snow & ice control operations.